Small Claims Assessment Review

If you timely filed an filed an Application for Correction of Assessment and feel aggreived by the decision of the Board of Assessment Review; you are legally entitled to file a petition with the Nassau County Clerk's Office. This is known as a Small Claims Assessment Review (SCAR) Petition.

Unless you had a grievance already heard by the Board of Assessment Review; you do not qualify to file a SCAR.  

SCAR's cannot be submitted until the Village adopts the Final Assessment Roll on April 1st.

PDF icon SCAR Petition95.99 KB
PDF icon SCAR Petition - instructions46.6 KB