PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that a public hearing will be held as to the following matters:
Agency: Zoning Board of Appeals, Village of Sea Cliff
Date: June 16, 2020
Time: 7:00 pm
Place/Manner: Via Zoom teleconference and videoconference, as provided below
- Application of Jason Stroot, 22 Arlington Place, Sea Cliff, New York, to construct a swimming pool and pool equipment, which requires variances of the following Village Code sections: (a) 115-12, in that the pool is located in a front yard, where all swimming pools shall be located in a rear or side yard and shall be set back at least 10 feet from the nearest property line, and (b) 138-516, in that the pool and pool equipment are located in a front yard, where no such accessory structures are permitted in a front yard. Premises are designated as Section 21, Block 61, Lot 138 on the Nassau County Land and Tax Map.
- Application of Paul and Tina Marchese, 19 Locust Place, Sea Cliff, New York, to construct a detached garage, which construction requires variances of the following Village Code sections: (a) 138-506, in that the existing front property line is 96.33 feet, where a minimum of 100 feet is required, and (b) 138-514.1, in that the floor area will be 5,535 square feet, where a maximum of 4,200 square feet is permitted. Premises are designated as Section 21, Lot K, Lot 763 on the Nassau County Land and Tax Map.
- Application of Anthony and Kristy Joseph, 69 Downing Avenue, Sea Cliff, New York, to construct a new garage, which construction requires a variance of Village Code §138-616, in that no accessory building is permitted in a front yard. Premises are designated as Section 21, Block M, Lot 598 on the Nassau County Land and Tax Map.
- Application of 24 Cross Street LLC, 64 Glenlawn Avenue, Sea Cliff, New York, to construct a new single family dwelling, which construction requires variances of the following Village Code sections: (a) 138-511, in that the dwelling will be set back 9 feet from the northerly side property line and 12 feet from the southerly side property line, where a minimum of 15 feet is required, (b) 138-513, in that the height will be 33.52 feet, where a maximum of 30 feet is permitted, (c) 138-513.1, in that the dwelling will encroach into the height setback ratio on the northerly side of the property, and (d) 138-514.1, in that the floor area ratio will be 36.9%, where a maximum of 31% is permitted. Premises are designated as Section 21, Lot 188, Lot 23 on the Nassau County Land and Tax Map.
- THIS APPLICATION HAS BEEN WITHDRAWN BY THE PROPERTY OWNER, Application of Sea Cliff Farmers Market, LLC, as lessee, and St. Boniface Church, as owner, for a variance to operate a farmers market, at premises located at 145 Glen Avenue, Sea Cliff, New York, which use is not permitted in a Residence B Zoning District, as provided in Village Code §138-501. In the alternative, applicants seek a special use permit to operate the farmers market. Premises are designated as Section 21, Block 93, Lot 15 on the Nassau County Land and Tax Map.
- Application of Marko Matijas, 93 Central Avenue, Sea Cliff, New York, to convert premises into a two (2) family dwelling, which conversion requires variances of the following Village Code sections: (a) 138-401, in that a 2 family dwelling unit is prohibited, and (b) 138-1002, in that no on-site parking spaces are provided, where 4 parking spaces are required. Premises are designated as Section 21, Block 142, Lot 1064 on the Nassau County Land and Tax Map.
Due to public health and safety concerns related to COVID-19, and pursuant to the Governor’s Executive Orders, including, without limitation, Executive Orders 202.1, 202.10 and 202.15, the Board will not be meeting in person on May 19, 2020. The meeting and the public hearings will take place via teleconferencing and videoconferencing through Zoom. The meeting will be recorded and a transcription will be provided at a later date.
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
Or iPhone one-tap :
US: +19294362866,,93248035667#,,1#,835125# or +13126266799,,93248035667#,,1#,835125#
Dial(for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location):
US: +1 929 436 2866 or +1 312 626 6799 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 346 248 7799 or +1 669 900 6833 or +1 253 215 8782
Webinar ID: 932 4803 5667
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/u/atzAbo3OU
Plans and other materials associated with the application may be reviewed and downloaded at the bottom of this page.
Through Zoom, the public will have the opportunity to see and hear the meetings and hearings live, however the public will not be permitted to comment or ask questions live. Any interested member of the public may provide public comments by following the procedure herein. The Board will accept and consider public comments submitted by email no later than 4:00pm on June 19, 2020. Public comments are to be submitted by email to [email protected]. Public comments must identify the name and address of the submitter as well as the application to which the comments apply.
The Board will consider applications and may make final decisions at a meeting that will be scheduled to be held not less than one (1) week after the conclusion of a public hearing on an application. Prior to rendering a determination, the Board will consider all timely submitted documents.
Dated: June 2, 2020
BY ORDER OF THE ZONING BOARD OF APPEALS