STAY PREPARED AS HURRICANE SEASON CONTINUES
The Sea Cliff Board of Trustees urges all residents to stay prepared as hurricane season continues through November 30th.
Superstorm Sandy reminded us that due to living on an island we are vulnerable to the powerful and destructive nature of hurricanes. It is critical that residents be prepared and take all hurricane warnings seriously. Do not take any chances and make sure your emergency Go-Kit and Family and Friends Sheltering Plan are in place.
Emergency Go-Kit Should Include:
- First aid kit. Pack a “how to guide” as well as masks.
- Essential prescription and non-prescription items and medical information.
- Battery-powered flashlights and radio extra batteries and a 12-hour glow stick.
- A change of clothes plus rain wear sturdy shoes and protective gloves for everyone.
- Personal items, eyeglasses, and personal care items.
- Copies of important documents in a waterproof container. These may include driver's licenses, Wills, birth / marriage certificates, insurance policies, deed or lease papers, recent tax returns, credit card and bank account numbers.
- Make sure you have special items for infants, elderly persons & pets as well as loved ones with special needs.